Insolvency & Corporate Recovery
Woodfines’ Company Commercial team provides practical and reliable advice on all aspects of rescues, reconstructions, administrations, receiverships and liquidations.
Our clients include those facing financial problems or insolvency, and directors and partners of businesses in difficulty. The team’s emphasis is on rescue and recovery. Whether through restructuring or using one of the formal insolvency processes, we will work hard to help you try to save your business. We will help you identify the options available to you and take the appropriate steps to achieve the best possible outcome for your business.
Many businesses can avoid administration or liquidation by promptly seeking professional advice to resolve their financial problems.
As we also have expertise in areas such as company law, property, employment and dispute resolution, we are able to deal effectively with all issues arising in any restructuring or business recovery context.
Woodfines’ team of experts also advise administrators, liquidators, receivers and insolvency practitioners. Our aim is to help ensure the smooth disposal of assets and minimise job losses and disruption to businesses subject to the insolvency process.
We offer a personal and partner-led service and our experts advise on the range of turnaround and restructuring issues, including:
- Asset and debt recovery, including book debt recovery
- Business restructuring
- Buying businesses and assets from administrators and liquidators
- Company and individual voluntary arrangements
- Compulsory and voluntary liquidations
- Debt restructuring and rescheduling
- Directors' disqualification proceedings
- Insolvency litigation
- Moratoria with creditors
- Shareholder disputes / unfair prejudice proceedings
- Transactions at an undervalue
- Wrongful trading and fraudulent trading.
If you would like further information and advice on corporate recovery and insolvency please contact a member of our Company Commercial team.