- Representing parents and family members in care proceedings, including the Family Drug and Alcohol Court
- Adoption proceedings
- Applications for Special Guardianship Orders
- Advising and representing parents in relation to where their children should live and the amount of time they should spend with the non-residing parent
- Advising and representing parents on applications for Specific Issue Orders to include applying for permission to remove a child from the jurisdiction
- Divorce proceedings
- Financial claims on divorce and separation
- Pre-nuptial Agreements
- Separation Agreements
Kirsty is a specialist in all areas of family law, qualifying as a Chartered Legal Executive in 2013.
Kirsty commenced her career working for a specialist family law firm between 2007 and 2011. During this time she developed her skills and enhanced her knowledge as a lawyer, leaving to join Woodfines in early 2011.
Despite having knowledge and experience in all areas of family law including divorce, financial and children matters, during the course of her practice, Kirsty has shown a keen interest in the law relating to children. As a result of this, Kirsty’s main practice is now as a representative of parents involved in care proceedings. Her practice has led to her working on a number of complex cases involving allegations of non-accidental injuries, sexual and physical abuse, fictitious illness and cases of neglect and domestic violence. Additionally, Kirsty has also acted for individuals who have learning and mental health difficulties, including those who are represented by the Official Solicitor.
Her specialism in this area has led to a number of cases where children are reunited with their parents at the conclusion of proceedings, and she is often now instructed by those recommended to her by formerly delighted clients.
Kirsty resides in Milton Keynes, having moved to the area from Marlow in 2006. Outside of work, Kirsty enjoys going to the gym, playing netball, travelling and spending quality time with her family and friends.