- Employment Law
- Business Protection
- Settlement Agreements
- Disciplinary & Grievance Issues
- Unfair Dismissal & Constructive Dismissal
- Breach of Contract
- Post Termination Restrictions (Restrictive Covenants) & Confidential Information
- Transfers of Undertakings (TUPE)
- Employment Contracts and Agreements
- Consultancy Agreements
- Representation at Employment Tribunals
Maria has been a qualified employment solicitor since 2001, predominantly advising and acting on behalf of employers, but also employees. During this time, she has developed a wealth of expertise in all areas of employment law. Maria supports clients across a wide range of employment issues, including:
- TUPE transfers arising out of both business transfers and service provision changes;
- Redundancy issues, including those arising out of company insolvency;
- Settlement Agreements;
- Complex discrimination cases (particularly in the fields of disability, sex and race discrimination);
- Advocacy at various hearings, including case management discussions and final hearings, in Employment Tribunal cases;
- High Court employment matters, including those involving breach of post termination of employment restrictions and/or confidentiality.
In addition, Maria is a member of the business protection team providing advice to businesses on data theft, unlawful competition, and misuse and infringement of IP. She is also a member of the CIPD Beds Group Commitee and a voluntary member of the Badminton England Disciplinary Committee.
Maria is also a member of the Law Society and the Employment Lawyers Association, and speaks fluent Italian.
Maria enjoys the theatre and cinema, and particularly world cinema. She has a large Italian family and spends much of her free time at large family gatherings, which usually involves a lot of eating!
I wanted to express my sincere thanks to you and your colleagues for the manner in which you helped me. Very simply there were two aspects which were very important. There was the highly professional manner in which you dealt with the issue, advice that was always clear and directional. No vagaries, “this is what is required, this is what you can and cannot do”, the service was prompt and we reached the best solution. This was the essential component in dealing with the issue. But in addition you dealt with the whole matter in a very sympathetic manner. I am not saying that sympathy was needed but under the circumstances it was very much appreciated and that aided in making the right reasonable decisions. A professional service is vital but how it was delivered is equally and you might say at times, as important.
Both Maria and Andrew provide a fast and efficient service and are always to hand to assist. Responses are always prompt, to the point and helpful. Couldn't recommend them highly enough.
I was delighted with the whole process. You made a difficult occasion straightforward and I felt empathy which is so important in these situations.
An outstanding service, unlike another practice I tried. Speedy, efficient and extremely polite and professional. I would recommend Maria Gallucci without hesitation.
Maria's advice was absolutely perfect for our requirements. She dotted all the i's and crossed all the t's on points we would not have thought of. Excellent all round service.
True to their motto "Refreshingly Approachable"
I found Maria's approach very friendly and warm. She gave good advice and explained legal jargon clearly. I was very happy with her service.
Maria was a shining example of how a solicitor should act; she was incredibly helpful from the get-go, very supportive and understood all of the issues I was experiencing and advised me with the best intentions throughout. I 100% know that the next time I require a solicitor, thanks to Maria, I will always use Woodfines, moving forwards.