- General crime: Nathan regularly appears in the Magistrates’ Court conducting advocacy at all stages of proceedings.
- Motoring: Nathan defends in road traffic matters, including special reasons and exceptional hardship hearings.
- Licensing: Nathan is involved in a variety of cases concerning taxi licensing (Nathan and Mike Hayward were instructed in the recent High Court decision of Milton Keynes Council v Skyline Taxis) and alcohol/premises licensing.
- Regulatory: Experienced in advising and providing representation on fire authority prosecutions under the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 and abandoned vehicles under the Refuse Disposal (Amenity) Act 1978.
- Transport: Nathan advises on the Road Vehicles (Construction and Use) Regulations 1986 (e.g. overloading and dangerous condition) as well as all areas of operator licensing.
- Public Law, Environmental & Planning: Nathan advises on various public law issues, including education matters (e.g. representing parents and students at Govenors' meetings and Independent Review Panels) and environmental and planning matters, including environmental permitting and judicial review claims against local authorities.
Nathan completed a four-year law sandwich degree at Nottingham Trent University, which included spending the third year of his studying on placement at a criminal law firm in central London. He then gained a distinction on the Legal Practice Course at the University of Law, Bloomsbury, where he continued to work on a part-time basis at the same law firm that he spent his placement year at.
Nathan joined Woodfines as a trainee solicitor in 2013 and qualified into the Crime and Regulatory department in 2015.
Nathan lives in Milton Keynes and enjoys watching a variety of sports. He is particularly passionate about rugby, having played at club, county and regional level. Nathan also enjoys watching professional and amateur theatre.
I was very impressed with the friendly and courteous attitude of Mr. Nathan Taylor-Allkins, your Solicitor who acted on my behalf. He was very presentable, well mannered and very understanding. He addressed the Magistrates in a confident and very respectable way and achieved a reasonable and gratifying outcome to the charges against me.
I was very pleased with all you did for us on the day and you reassured, guided, and made us both feel much more comfortable with the situation. Your advice was greatly appreciated.
Outstanding, will never use another company!
Brilliant service, care and understanding of my needs and situation.
Nathan was excellent throughout the full duration, in our meetings and in court. Outstanding!
Confident, assured and calm. Nathan was very quick to key into my concerns and noted the salient points early. Desired outcome achieved by your firm having specialist knowledge in the relevant field.
Mr Taylor-Allkins was stellar. His professionalism, expertise and court room demeanour was first rate! Please ensure all associates take a page from his lesson plan. I will recommend the firm solely based on his performance.
I felt safe with Nathan there, my anxiety was through the roof but his calm presence & his efficient manner quickly settled me. I don't think I would have achieved the same result without him he really knows his stuff.
Nathan was highly professional, motivated and thorough in his approach to my case. I chose to go with Woodfines due to the methodical and realistic approach he presented in our first meeting. On the day of the trial he was reassuring and greatly helped minimise my anxiety towards a very stressful situation. Overall I couldn't have asked for better service, many thanks.