Employment Tribunals Business Fees
Prior to hearing the exact details of your matter, it is not possible to provide an exact indication of costs but below is a general guide to costs for each stage of an Employment Tribunal claim:
- Reviewing the claim form outlining your case and the nature of the dispute (ET1 response/particulars of claim): £750 to £1,000
- Preparation and submission of the response form when a claim has been made against you (ET3 Defence): £1,500 to £2,000
- Preparation for and attendance at a Pre Hearing Review: £1,500 to £2,000
- Dealing with disclosure of documents, to include drafting a list of documents and agreeing a bundle of documents: £3,000 – £4,000
- Drafting and exchanging witness statements (per witness statement): £1,500 – £2,000
- Drafting a statement of issues and/or chronology: £1,000 to £2,000
- Preparation for and attendance at a one day hearing: £7,000 – £8,000
Please note that all of the above estimates are exclusive of VAT and disbursements (including court fees listed below), Counsel’s fees and travel expenses, etc.
The above estimates do not include correspondence with other parties which if excessive can increase costs significantly. To give you an idea of total costs for a typical Employment Tribunal matter involving a one day hearing, you can usually expect to incur around £25,000 as a minimum.
We also request that you make a payment on account of fees of £2,500+VAT prior to preparation of the ET3 Defence.
In the Employment Tribunal, rules about the payment of costs generally mean that each side will pay their own costs whether they win or lose. This rule is made more complicated where there are issues about of the conduct of the parties, or whether an unreasonable claim has been pursued.
Many claims do not progress all the way to a final hearing as they are settled beforehand, although we cannot guarantee that this will happen in your case.
To obtain a bespoke quote, please contact a member of our Employment Law team on firstname.lastname@example.org